Friday, February 19, 2010

Intro- Training and Horses

Horse training is a trip, an adventure, an experience.
I've watched a couple horses grow from untouchable, to the sweetest thing you've ever seen,
it's the best feeling to know that you were the one to help that horse along.
Some are easier than others, like one filly I'm training for instance, she only took a little while to gain my trust, despite the fact that I was part of the group of people that captured her, which was very frightening for her, she was also injured with infected wounds that delayed her training but also brought us closer I'd like to think, it took time but she recovered just fine.
Another filly I trained she was only 6 months old, she was having her feet done the farrier slapped her on the rump with a rasp because she kicked at him, take note this horse is a very flighty horse and doesn't trust people at all.
Another time she wouldn't cooperate so he tied her front legs up and put them over a stall door that's very tragic thing for a young horse, or any age horse for that matter. There are other ways to handle a horse, those ways just aren't one of them.
She ended up being a very energetic, very fun horse to work with she always kept me on my toes and that's something I enjoy in a horse.
I'm currently working on the horse that was first mentioned, she's now old enough to be ridden so that's our next big step, with the little preparation she's had she is already doing amazing, I'll continue to log her process.


Photobucket

Flossie the very day I brought her home

Check out Horseforum.com!!!





1 comment: